Written By: Ethan Zimman | @ethanzimman
So, you’re considering registering for the City Tour this summer? First of all, you've made a great choice, we can't wait for you to see what we have in store at our summer golf tournaments. You might have some questions about what to expect. Here are a few things you need to know:
- Tournament play kicks off on Sunday, May 15th in 28 cities across the country. All cities will be competing on the same weekends this summer, giving everyone a chance to compare their scores and start the journey to qualifying for the Championship.
- Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAAAAAY. That is the only day of the week that matters for the City Tour, as all of our events are 18-hole tournaments on Sunday afternoons. PGA/LPGA Tour players always want to have a chance to win on Sundays. Look no further than the City Tour. You’re in contention every Sunday. No matter what. Time to break out those Sunday fashion scripting all summer long.
- Team-based golf. Yes, golf can be a team game. Teams compete in pairs with between two and three pairs per team (maximum 6 players). Every pair plays best ball or scramble (your choice). The best 2 scores count for the team score. No handicap is needed. Everyone has the chance to contribute! And best of all, you can play with your friends, colleagues, or meet new golf buddies along the way.
- No membership fees. One of the few golf tours that doesn't charge membership fees, we want you to be able to play golf affordably.
- Above all else the City Tour is about having fun and being social. Everyone loves competition, but from the time you check in, to being on the course, and announcing a winner there will be music, drinking, food and anything else fun within the decorum of the game.
- It’s all about logistics. As a player on the City Tour we take care of you. From the moment you check in at the course we make everything easy. When you arrive at the course there will be City Tour banners and signage directing you to the registration table where you’ll find your friendly City Leader checking people in and handing out Srixon golf balls, bag tags, tees, snacks, ball markers, and more.
- Don’t forget the prizes! The winners of each tournament will receive prizes, have their picture taken, and of course are one step closer to the National Championship. We encourage all participants to stay at the course after the round and hang out at the 19th Hole.